If you’re a first-time car renter, congratulations! Renting a vehicle can be exciting, but it can also come with a lot of questions. Each car rental agency has its own rental policies, rental fees, and requirements, which can make this process confusing and frustrating. Affordable Rent-A-Car And Sales would like to make your first experience as simple as possible. We recommend asking your car rental agency these three questions before reserving your first rental car.
1. What Are the Requirements?
Most car rental companies have specific requirements in order to rent a car. These requirements may differ depending on the particular rental car agency and regulations of the state from which you are renting a car. Typical requirements usually include the following:
- Age: Individuals must be 25 to rent a car, but some agencies will allow drivers as young as 21 – 24.
- Driver’s license: Drivers must have a valid driver’s license to rent and drive a car.
- Driving record: Some agencies require drivers to have a good driving record.
- Credit/Debit card: A valid credit or debit card is usually required, but some companies will take other forms of payment, such as cash.
2. Do I Need Car Rental Insurance?
Car rental insurance protects you in the event of an accident, theft, or body damage. Many standard car insurance policies cover car rentals, but it’s best to double-check your personal insurance policy before renting a car. If your policy doesn’t cover car rentals, then you may want to consider purchasing rental car insurance, which most rental agencies do offer. When traveling for business, check if your employer has car rental insurance, or if they will pay for this added expense.
3. How Much Does It Cost to Rent a Car?
Car rental fees vary depending on several factors, such as these:
- Class and size of the vehicle
- Age of the driver
- Number of drivers
- Length of the rental
- Location of the rental
- Fuel charges
- Add-ons like car insurance or GPS
- Extra fees such as airport pickup or late cancellation
Quality Rentals & Exceptional Service
At Affordable Rent-A-Car, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about renting a car, van, truck, or SUV. Simply call us directly at (801) 266-7368, or if you’re ready to rent a vehicle, reserve one online today. We offer complimentary airport pickup and drop-off service as well as free door-to-door shuttle service from your home or other Park City location.
Source: Fitzpatrick, Mark. “Essential Guide to Renting a Car for the First Time.” Web article. MoneyGeek. 31 Jan. 2023. Web. 06 Feb. 2023.